Elizabeth “Cookie” Williams
Beloved mother of Bonnie Williams Sandy (Class of 1977), she passed away on September 19, 2005, at her home in Wilmington, Ohio.
Her husband, David Romach Williams (Class of 1951), preceded her in death in 1988. She was a member of the St. Columbkille Catholic Church in Wilmington, Ohio, the Brush and Pen Club, the Red Hatters in Wilmington and Columbus, the Ohio Association of the Deaf, the National Association of the Deaf, the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf, and several other organizations for the deaf. She was a board member of Wilmington College, the Clinton County Historical Society, and the National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, New York. Cookie was known for her warmth, generosity and contributions. Among the organizations she supported were the National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, New York, the Murphy Theater, Wilmington College, the Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf, the National Theatre of the Deaf, the Kentucky Commission for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing, the Deaf Festival in Louisville, Kentucky, the Central Institute for the Deaf in St. Louis, Missouri, the Boy Scouts of America, Clinton Memorial Hospital, and numerous other charities. Mrs. Williams also donated land to the Wilmington City Parks.